Saturday, April 18, 2009

Songs in the Keys
While I possess no musical talent of my own, the talent of others is my prime obsession. I can't leave my house without my ipod. On the rare occasion that my Ipod head phones aren't glued to my ears, I am: Listening to the radio, playing music on Music Choice, finding new music via Youtube/ Myspace, singing to myself, or sitting in silence but wanting music instead.
The question is, can this obsession be a possible career move? Lately people have suggesting that I should try to find a career in music. Notably, my internship at
UMG was my favorite internship-I learned so much. But with a failing economy and the recording industry dieing...is it realistic?
"If you knew how to scratch you'd be a good DJ...your mixes are cute," R said recently. I know there are classes I could take but I worry that 1) I'll be crappy at it. (what can I say, I have a bit of Bella in me) 2) that it isn't worth the money/ isn't realistic job.

Hmmm. Maybe I could make it a profitable hobby?

Other possibilities...Grad school for psych...?

No comments: