Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's not secret that when looking for a job, it's most often more about who you know, rather than what you know. Which is why, I have been trying to find my way to an Ed2010 Happy Hour Networking event. In the past two years, this has not been an easy task as I have always had to work on Tuesday nights, which is when the events always seemed to take place.
However, for the last month or so, I have been on a "recession schedule," working four days a week. The change has altered my days off leaving me free on Tuesday Nights, and thus able to end.
This event was held at the Justin Timberlake owned "Southern Hospitality" (I'm kinda obsessed thanks to my friend Rachel). While I admit, that right before going I was nervous, I'm glad I went. All though things started of awkward, I was able to find people and break the ice-eventually. It was interesting meeting so many people with similar ambitions and so many different paths. As well as seeing people with doubts like me. Fried Pickles, free drinks and networking-sweet. Plus, one of the dudes I met there lives in Astoria too.

No comments: