Monday, August 24, 2015

Things you need to know about: BroadwayBox Lottery!

One of my many passions is the theater, particularly of the musical variety.  Despite many dance classes, I possess two left feet and lack rhythm; can't sing (I still try, much to the chagrin of others around me), and have no acting talent whatsoever.

As such, my participation in theater is in the passive role of spectator.

As much as I love theater, my bank account is not ever-replenishing (can you imagine?). As such, I can only satisfy my theater craving with discounts, (thanks Today Tickets!), rush and lotto tickets.

Just recently, Broadway ticket discount site BroadwayBox, launched a Broadway lottery of their own.

Now normally shows with a lottery work this way:

On the day of the show, about 2-2.5 hours before the show, people may sign up to enter their name into a lottery to receive up to two tickets for a lowered price.

However, the lottery from BroadwayBox is a bit different.  Starting at midnight, you can enter an online lotto for two FREE tickets to the Broadway show of the day. Winners are notified around 3 PM (when the lotto closes). The lotto runs weekdays only.

Now, admittedly, I have entered a few times, and never won. However, it takes only two minutes (if that) to enter, so it's worth the effort to possibly win two free tickets.

You also get additional entries for sharing you entry on social media.

Head to: http://www.broadwaybox.com/lottery/ for more info!

No comments: