Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Money: Get a free hair cut with Bumble and Bumble!

Despite what you may see on television and movies, not everyone living in NYC is rich and fabulous. Some of us are just getting by.

While NYC is notoriously expensive, if you're creative, you can always find ways to earn & save money.

Today, I saved.

If you're like me, you probably have gotten cheap hair cuts at hair schools hairdressers in training. However, at Bumble and Bumble, when you offer yourself as a hair model, you get your cut for *FREE*.

I realize that some people may be afraid to let a student do their hair. I understand, I've had some less-than stellar results. However, as I learned today, this isn't a regular school.

The guy who cut my hair today was already a hairdresser in Chicago. However, he was in New York, for a workshop to improve his craft, and learn new techniques. So, I got a free cut, without having to trust a tor

Now, to get the hair cut for free, you can't just walk in. You have to sign up for the emails. Then they will email you when slots for certain cuts or style open up.

At times the slot is open only for a certain cut, sometimes a few cuts are available. Today, the only requirement was that hair was at least 4" long.

I also won free hair product (hair spray) for posting a selfie of my new 'do on Instagram and using their hashtag. ( I have to pick-up on Monday, as I saw the email, after I left).

I had a great experience. My hair looks a LOT better than it did before. (I didn't take a before shot, unfortunately). It actually has a style, instead of just hanging there!

I think part of the reason I like it so much is because he did my layers with a razor instead of scissors.  This cut is definitely more interesting than my usual scissor layers.

Have you been a B&B hair model? How was your experience? 

No comments: