Monday, May 11, 2009

Slim Shady Vs. Eminem & Hip Hop's MPD Obsession
Looks like most if not all of Eminem's album (if not all) has leaked. His recent track, " Bagpipes in Bagdad" has created some controversy as it ONCE AGAIN insinuates that he had relations with Miss Mariah Carey :::Yawn:::. Telling Nick Cannon that he he needs to "back the **** up " beCAUSE Em wants her back. He also calls Mariah a whore. The diss sparked a response from Nick Cannon on his blog. While he made good points, it's hard to take a diss from Nick Cannon seriously. I mean, he's cute but he's such a kid. I mean Jeaz, he was on Nick!
So anyway here's the Video:







not only was it not good, but it was rapped in that annoying voice-AGAIN. Plus, it was juvenile and the whole Mariah thing is sooo played out. Move on, Slim. Now, I know I have been obsessing over Em lately on here, but you must understand, I was a hardcore back in the day! Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were my ALBUMS. I mean, I played them out. MM LP helped me survive my turbulent overly emotionally teen years. Perhaps after some play, it will grow on me as much of Lil Wayne's music. However, I don't see this becoming more than a short-term guilty pleasure at best.
Just when I was giving up hope on any music rapped in a normal voice, i read a YOUTUBE clip explaining that this was just the SLIM ShadY voice, and the "Eminem Songs" were more angry/serious and in regular voice. So perhaps there is a chance for me to like some new stuff!! After listening to a few seconds of Deja Vu...(Eminem Voice) I think I might kinda like this one.



But seriously, I know Eminem has always had the dual/triple personas since the jump-off but whats with the extreme voice changes? And couldn't he have picked a better voice? Why has cecome so trendy? why are so many artists trying to have Multiple Personality Disorder?I means so far: Janet Jackson / Strawberry &/ Damita Jo, Beyonce/Sasha Fierce, T.I. /T.I.P. Ciara/Super Cee. MJB/Brook With special songs, voices, emotions. "Oh that song was written from the perspective of my other persona." Hello, you don't have to "be different people" it's called being multifaceted! Everyone has different aspects of themselves that come out at different times, but you don't see everyday people getting all Sybil-like renaming themselves and talking in strange voices. I think Urban Music is going through it-big time. They need to visit doctor Phil or read up on Freud or something! Sheesh.

No comments: