Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm going to get bitch slapped, and maybe I will deserve it.

The media, and most of the liberal world has launched an attack on Miss California after she answered Perez Hilton's question concerning whether other states should allow same sex marriage. She stated that she believed marriage should be between a man and WOMAN.
In case you forgot her wording, I put the video below.

width="425" height="344">

Now, after reading Ann Coulter's webpage, I must express that I agree with her, somewhat. ( I HATE TO SAY THAT!!!) It is unfair to accuse miss California of "hate speech." Coulter was right in pointing out that Miss Cali couldn't have sugar-coated her answer or tip toes around the issue any more than she did. Further, she was forced to answer the question, it isn't as if she used the fact that she had such a large audience as a forum to go on an anti-gay rampage.

Now, while I don't agree with her opinion, she does have a right to her own opinion . Many people in this country were raised with the belief that marriage should be reserved for men and women. Should she have lied? Should she have pretend she was in favor of it, just to let the judges hear what they wanted to hear? Should she really sell out her believes for a beauty pageANT Crown? Again, I am in full support of gay marriage. As Chris Rock said, Homosexuals deserve to be as miserable as everyone else! However, I have a friends who have religious beliefs that lead them to disagree with me on that. They are hateful or homophobic. They don't believe that homosexuals should be stripped of all rights. But for some people, tradition isn't as easy to break.

Oh, and in response to the other part of Coulter's column...Puh-lease. We don't hate Palin b/c she's pretty...we hate on her because she's dumb. And Yes, Miss California is pretty, but Paula Jones? She looked like an aardvark.

No comments: