Thursday, September 03, 2015

Aaron Sarkin's Lucy + Desi Movie rumored to star Cate Blanchett!

Photo Credit: Getty Images
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Lucille Ball and I Love Lucy!

I grew up obsessively watching every episode of I Love Lucy, and The Lucy Show! As well as devouring every book I could find about Lucy or the show.

Well, a new movie is rumored to be in the works. According to The Wrap, Andy Sorkin is writing a movie about Lucy + Desi's turbulent marriage.

Actress Cate Blanchett is rumored to star as the flaming red head.

The TV star couple's real life children Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz are set to produce the film. I wonder if they're involvement will cause the story to be more authentic or if they will sugar-coat the story of their parents marriage?

Either way, I am BEYOND excited about this! I will absolutely be seeing this whenever/where ever it is released.

This is not the first "Lucy" movie. Lucy and Desi were the subject of a TV movie called "Lucy & Desi: Before the Laughter. As well as the TV movie simply titled Lucy, staring Rachel York as Lucy, and Danny Pino (Nick Amaro on SVU) as Desi Arnaz.

No comments: