Tuesday, August 14, 2012

50 Shades of Lame: comments on #Fifty Shades of Grey

So like every other chick on the planet, I have read Fifty Shades of Grey.It makes sense that it started off as X-rated Twilight fan fiction. I can see the parallels between the two. While yes, the "plot" of FSOG was different, the writing style was similar. Long winded, and to quote Lorali and Rory Gilmore "repeative and redundant."

Unlike everyone else, I neither LOVED it nor hated it. Like Twilight, I felt annoyed by it, but still felt the need to finish it. 
Things that IRKED me about FSOG:
1. The excessive use of "holy" as an exclamation/expletive. "Holy Shit" "Holy F___" "Holy Moses" etc
2. I know it was supposed to be a sexy book, but damn, they ALWAYS were f**king. I mean damn, even those ED drug ads say "if erection doesn't go down after four hours see a doctor" sounds like homeboy should have headed to the ER.
3. How she kept calling him "Mr Grey"  and Sir and he kept calling her "Miss Steele" 
4. More than once in the book, Christian is chastising Ana about her eating habits as he doesn't think she eats enough. When asking her if she is hungry she says "Not for food" this stomach churning line appears rdo more than once. 
5. Why do girls want to date CG? I mean u can find a guy who will give you rough sex and not be a weirdo duche bag.

There were many other annoyances in the book-including its length. 500 pages? 100 would have been MORE than enough.
I have to finish the series though, my noisiness wont let me quit now.

No comments: